Re: Wanna join the development mailing list

From: Mike Miller
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 10:50:57 -0400

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 20:44:32 +0800, Alex Lam wrote:
> I have been using Matlab for years and recently I switched to Octave. I
> really think this is a good stuff and I want to join your team to improve
> it. The programming language I use are C\C++ and  I have been using them for
> a while for my Master research project. This is my first time to do open
> source project am I welcomed? Thank you.

Welcome!

Feel free to help out in any way that you can and that interests you.
If you need help getting started or need an idea what to work on,
there are some resources for newcomers:

    http://www.octave.org/contribute
    http://wiki.octave.org/Short_projects
    http://wiki.octave.org/Projects

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Contributing-Guidelines.html

Are there specific aspects of Octave you'd like to work on? What is
your area of research? Your answers might help us point you in a more
relevant direction to get you started.

--
mike