Re: Class related regressions in GNU Octave 4.0

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Class related regressions in GNU Octave 4.0
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 15:08:16 -0400

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 11:30:00 -0400, Mike Miller wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 17:15:01 +0200, Oliver Heimlich wrote:
> > I don't have access to Matlab either, the attachment contains a minimal
> > @-class example.
>
> Thanks, this is very helpful for illustrating the problems concisely.

One thing that I think is missing from this discussion and your examples
is how are the isempty, numel, ndims, and length functions expected to
work with these types of classes? Any other size-related functions
anyone can think of? I am by no means knowledgeable in what can and
cannot be overridden in a user-defined class in Matlab or Octave so I
may be missing something obvious.

If I'm not, can you add these calls to your example script, and can
someone with Matlab test the revised example?

--
mike