first_sentence_texinfo

From: Kozma, Endre
Subject: first_sentence_texinfo
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 19:12:42 +0200

Working on the next revision of the ngspice package I continuously suffer from makeinfo warnings. I tracked down the cause of the issue and I concluded the following:

1. The warnings are caused by the nested @deftypefn structures in one of my oct-files (I need to document some callback prototypes and I do it in this way).
2. The real problem however lays in the first_sentence_texinfo () function (get_first_help_sentence.m). Namely it removes all @def... lines but not all @end def... ones, but it removes everything from the first @end def.. line to the end of the help text potentially making erroneous texinfo data by that.

My question is: if we simply remove all @def.. lines why don't we remove similarly all @end def.. lines? By this we'd end up having a valid texinfo data (assumed the original help text was valid) which wouldn't cause makeinfo warnings.