Re: Interested in TISEAN package for GSoC

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Interested in TISEAN package for GSoC
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 17:57:26 +0200

On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 3:34 AM, Andreas Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 03.04.2015 um 05:04 schrieb Piotr Held:
>> <mailto:address@hidden>>:
>>     TISEAN is not maintained anymore, So inheriting bugs is just not good.
>>     If TISEAN gets into Octave Forge I will take over maintenance with the
>>     help of whoever is actively developing for it.
>>     Also, I expect that in the long run TISEAN will eventually dissolve
>>     into control, signal and tsa.
>>
>>     I will continue with the proposed methodology.
>>

>> Juan,
>>
>> I have tried to looked for functions in octave that correspond to the
>> TISEAN programs. The results of my research I have put into a table that
>> is accessible at the following link:
>> http://wiki.octave.org/User:Josiah425:TISEAN_Package:Table_of_functions

Thanks Piotr,

This is a nice step forward. Note that there is a folder "rountines"
inside source_c that also needs to be checked. The tar.gz file can
help you there. But what you did is the most important part.
I have corrected some things in your list.

> I had only a quick look on this page but:
>
> * The linkt to TISEAN doesn't work,. there is a stray | in the URL.
Fixed

> * av-d2, this is a simple MTA filter, use "filter" from core
> * autocorr -> xcorr in core (with only 1 parameter)
> * pca -> princomp in statistics
> * sav_gol  -> sgolayfilt in signal package
> * spectrum -> specgram in signal package?
Not even, just binned fft. That is, hist (fft (.)) where the numbers
of bins needs to be calculated form the user input. Or we can just
port this function.
btw, specgram needs to be renamed to spectrogram (change in matlab), I
will take care of that.

> -- Andy

* "compare" is just sqrt (sumsq (diff (data,[],2))).

to be continued ...