Re: GSoC/SoCiS: general maximum entropy algoritm

From: Tomasz Ożański
Subject: Re: GSoC/SoCiS: general maximum entropy algoritm
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 02:09:15 +0100

W dniu 26.03.2015 o 23:16, Juan Pablo Carbajal pisze:
On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 4:24 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
<address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 2015-03-26 at 13:44 +0100, Tomasz Ożański wrote:

What I would like to know is if you are interested in this sort of
functionality in Octave?

It certainly sounds useful, but I wonder if we have someone capable of
mentoring such a project. Perhaps Mike Miller? I don't know if he has
volunteered to mentor this year.

- Jordi G. H.

Olaf Till might be also suitable, since min max ent. is used a lot in
optimization.

I would be grateful if any of the proposed mentors would agree to supervise my project. Everyone who is a potential mentor ought to be a subscriber to this list and basically there aren't any other places where I shall look for a supervisor for this project, right?

greetings,
--
Tomasz Ożański