Re: generate_html breaks documentation encoding

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: generate_html breaks documentation encoding
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 08:29:52 +0100

Le 19/02/2015 07:16, Julien Bect a écrit :
Le 19/02/2015 01:13, Oliver Heimlich a écrit :
Julien,

Am 17.01.2015 um 10:11 schrieb Julien Bect:
I think there several issues there (at least two).

Issue #2: generate_package_html() does not honor the "charset=utf-8" in
the output of makeinfo

I think this is a bug: generate_package_html() should honor whichever
encoding comes out of makeinfo.

I will fix this in the generate_html package.

Since you didn't fix this yet, I have created a patch. May I push it into the repository?

Oliver

Sorry, I was going to look into this in a couple of days. But off course you can push this patch.

I think we should also warn (or error ?) in case the charset in the output of makeinfo is overwritten. To make this possible, I would add %charset variable to make it possible to control the charset using any option set, make it default to "utf-8", and then compare this with the one extracted from makeinfo's output. I will do that soon, but don't hesitate to push your patch in the meantime.

For the record : the encoding problem raised in this thread is solved in the dev version of generate_html (to be released soon).

http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/generate_html/ci/bc4bd4215c680ecc1fec89a772169cd018806659/

http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/generate_html/ci/e9ba76250d9b8ee3456e688f068f4ab959f6fe5d/

UTF-8 is now the default encoding.