GSoc 2015: Generalised eigenvalue problem

From: Alisha Jain
Subject: GSoc 2015: Generalised eigenvalue problem
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 16:16:34 +0530

Hello

I am interested in implementing missing calling forms of eig function
in Octave [1] as a part of GSoC project this year.

For this, I am studying about eigenvalues and eigenvectors in
numerical linear algebra and to have a basic knowledge for that i have
gone through the videos offered by Khan academy [2]. For a better
understanding of these concepts I have also tried to develop a small
program which finds eigenvalues of a matrix in C++ [3].

Now, to have a better understanding of eig function and its calling
forms I am studying the MATLAB documentation about this function [4].

I would like to have a guidance if I'm moving in right direction. All
suggestions/advices are welcomed.