Re: GSoC 2015: Optimization Package: Non-linear and constrained least sq

From: rdzman
Subject: Re: GSoC 2015: Optimization Package: Non-linear and constrained least squares lsqcurvefit, lsqlin, lsqnonlin
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 07:37:14 -0800 (PST)

In case it is of interest, I have an primal-dual interior point solver for
non-linear optimization (similar to fmincon) implemented in pure
Matlab/Octave code that is suitable for very large-scale problems. Currently
it requires the user to provide functions for gradient and Hessian.

The current version is distributed as power of the MATPOWER package
(http://www.pserc.cornell.edu/matpower/).

The documentation for the solver can be found in Appendix A of the MATPOWER
User's Manual (http://www.pserc.cornell.edu/matpower/manual.pdf).

If it's of interest, I'd be happy to discuss the possibility of including it
as part of an fmincon() implementation in Octave.