Re: Zoom testing

From: rik
Subject: Re: Zoom testing
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 11:26:21 -0800

On 03/03/2015 11:01 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:
>> On Mar 3, 2015, at 1:55 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On 03/03/2015 01:28 PM, Rik wrote:
>>
>>> This works well when using single mouse clicks.  I would add the same
>>> code to the canvasWheelEvent so that mouse wheel zoom is also based on
>>> the current location.
>>>
>>> -- Canvas.cc:795 --
>>> // FIXME: should we zoom about point for 2D plots?
>>>
>>> ap.zoom (mode, factor);
>>> -- End Code --
>>>
>>> It looks like that may have been intended.
>>
>> I'm not sure that's how Matlab works.  Maybe someone else can verify?
>>
>> I don't really care one way or the other, but if we diverge from what
Matlab does, I expect we'll get a bug report about it...

>> jwe
>
> I happy to try on Matlab, but I'm not following what needs to be done.
>
> To illustrate where I'm lost .... If the mouse clicking the a zoom button
why would the zoom be based upon the location of the mouse?

> If a hot key is being used to zoom, I don't think Matlab supports that.
>
> Ben

Try:

surf (peaks)
zoom ('on')
% Move mouse to the lower-right hand corner (50, 0, 0)
% mouse wheel up.
% if zooming is around the point, then X-axis should have limits of about
[25, 50]
% if zooming is around the center of the figure then the X-axis should have
limits of about [12.5, 37.5]

--Rik