Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac 10.10

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac 10.10
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 04:44:55 +0000

On 28 Feb 2015, at 16:54, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

> Opps. I had been using gcc on Mavericks. I expect I switched to clang when I
> upgraded to Yosemite (which never worked for me).
>
> I think Carlo is still able to build the default tip on Mavericks and using
> Macports. Perhaps he can confirm the comment on how he configure's Octave.

Yes, I am using macports but I have to patch a few portfiles to make it work.
In particular I have to fix the Qscintilla version at 2.7.2.
Most other changes are to make sure that packages that do not have
a gcc49 variant are built with gcc rather than clang.
It has been my intention for a long while to document all those changes
in detail, but I never got time to do it.

Once the dependencies are in place I configure with:

../octave/configure                                    \
    CC=gcc                                             \
    CFLAGS="-pipe -O2 -m64"                            \
    CPPFLAGS="-D_THREAD_SAFE -I/opt/local/include"     \
    LDFLAGS="-L/opt/local/lib -m64 "                   \
    CXX=g++                                            \
    CXXFLAGS="-pipe -O2 -m64"                          \
    F77=gfortran                                       \
    FFLAGS="-pipe -O2 -m64"                            \
    LLVM_CONFIG=/opt/local/bin/llvm-config-mp-3.4      \
    --with-lapack="-llapack -latlas -lgfortran"        \
    --with-blas="-lcblas -lf77blas -latlas -lgfortran" \
    --prefix=/opt/octave/4.1                           \
    --enable-gui                                       \
    --disable-jit                                      \
    --disable-java                                     \
    --with-framework-carbon                            \
    --with-arpack                                      \
    --enable-docs                                      \
    --with-opengl                                      \
    --without-x                                        \
    --enable-link-all-dependencies

I don't even remeber the reason for some of the flags,
I guess many were inherited from Ben's examples.

> Ben
c.