Re: Offscreen rendering with OSMesa and gl2ps

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Offscreen rendering with OSMesa and gl2ps
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 00:42:27 +0100

Am 03.02.2015 um 06:01 schrieb Rik:
> It would be very nice to be able to finally get rid of gnuplot for creating
> the documentation.  Do the experiments you have done suggest that this is
> relatively simple and could be implemented in time for the 4.0 release?

I've added libinterp/dldfcn/__osmesa_print__.cc in
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/a81177f4bfe6.

My plan is to call __osmesa_print__ for graphics_toolkit fltk and qt if
the figure is invisible. If the figure is visible the traditional
toolkit print method is used.

Since we can capture the OSMesa bitmap directly (without gl2ps ->
ghostscript) I would like to use imwrite (which uses graphicsmagick) to
print to .jpg, .png, bmp and so on. This would also have the effect,
that TeX elements would be save correctly (as seen on the screen).

-- Andy