Re: Keeping the gui-release branch open considered harmful

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Keeping the gui-release branch open considered harmful
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 16:13:48 -0500

On 01/30/2015 03:48 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 01/30/2015 12:59 PM, Rik wrote:

Yes, it's a bit of a pickle either way.

Yeah.  Well, it would be simpler if we could just work on one feature at
a time and make releases when each feature is complete.  :-)

You seemed to have much better
luck than I did quickly generating the backout changesets so maybe
that is
the way to go.  I didn't see the file NEWS in the diff, so maybe that has
to be manually modified to reflect what has been kept and what has not.

Oh, yeah, of course.  The reason it didn't show up in the diff that I
generated is because it was not modified at the same time as the
functions were removed, so that is a separate changeset to backout.

also like to put the version number when a function was deprecated in the
m-file in scripts/deprecated/*.m.  Those should be changed to 4.0 instead
of 4.2.

OK, I missed that too, but will fix it.  Thanks.

I'm attaching an updated patch. I also fixed the version number in configure.ac.