Re: error when installing io package

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: error when installing io package
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 13:16:03 -0800 (PST)

John W. Eaton wrote
> On 01/14/2015 02:25 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
> <snip>
>            I was trying to do an initial install of the io package just
> after installing a 4.1.0+ binary from the mxe-octave generated installer.

Ah, there's a clue.

I run combined 3.9.0+ & 4.1.0+ binaries (see patch #8469) and always install
OF packages in 3.9.0+ because a number of OF packages simply don't install
in 4.1.0+ (deprecated octave_map is a notable cause for e.g., OF-control).
All packages installed that way do run fine in 4.1.0+.

So that's why I didn't hit this.  And yes trying it with 4.1.0+ I see the
same issue.

One of the things that changed in default is that OF packages are installed
in multiple threads. Could that be the cause, i.e., that one thread "locks"
files that are needed in another parallel thread? Just a WAG .....

Philip