Re: [MXE MinGW] miscompiled gcc for --enable64?

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: [MXE MinGW] miscompiled gcc for --enable64?
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 21:02:05 +0100

JohnD wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Nienhuis [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 1:09 AM
To: JohnD

JohnD wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Nienhuis [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 3:39 PM
To: JohnD; address@hidden

JohnD wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Nienhuis [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 4:42 PM
To: JohnD; address@hidden

Philip Nienhuis wrote:
After running build-packages, the following OF packages:
      image,
      fl-core,
      odepkg and
      netcdf
are still missing due to compile errors.

Same on 3.9.0+ cross-built with --enable-64.
In addition, building ltfat also breaks (probably also on 3.8.2 but

<snip>

Either not identical builds, OR the target machines run differently ?
Ie: does it behave differently on your windows machine vs my windows
machine with a installer that was built on a common machine?

The error message from e.g., building OF ltfat is quite clear: it can't
find the
definition of int64_t.
I doubt that target machines can run so differently as to influence
include file
stuff.
But then again - who knows?

The only thing I can think of is that the host build system's build tools
(gcc etc.)
that are used to build the cross-compiler (that in turn is used to build
Octave) run
differently.

But you know what, I'll put my Octave64-3.9.0+ zip on my dropbox. Then you
can see for yourself.
<snip>

If you could put your version up somewhere I'll gladly try it out.

Ok - I see the same thing with lfat with your version.
I have copied up my 64 bit v3.8.2 if you want to try that - it appears to
successfully install all the packages.
<snip>

John, I see the difference between your and mine build and it looks to be simple miscommunication between us.
You simply didn't have a 64-bit enabled on your 3.8.2 build:

>> octave_config_info.USE_64_BIT_IDX_T
ans = no

I suppose you only have specified --enable-windows-64 but not --enable-64.
That means you have an Octave version that runs only on 64-bit windows, but can't use arrays > 2 GB.

Try a build with --enable-64 (that automatically implies --enable-windows-64) and then try to install OF-image, ltfat, odepkg, fl-core and netcdf.

Philip