Re: removal of deprecated stuff in liboctave

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: removal of deprecated stuff in liboctave
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 19:06:44 +0000

On 13 November 2014 00:03, siko1056 <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Carnë,
>
> I really appreciate this step! Recently I went through the liboctave code
> again, trying to fix some warnings [1], but is really hard to see through
> that code. Do you plan to make more changes to liboctave in the closer
> future? I have really doubts that this code has to be as complicated as it
> is right now, and I would like to help to make it hopefully smaller and
> easier to understand.

I feel the same way about Octave's code base.  But I think that is to be
expected of a project with more than 20 years (not only because the code
evolves to do unexpected new things and leaving awkward bits behind, but
also because the language back then had more limitations that nowadays).

So yeah, I am planning on doing more work on liboctave over time, trying
to remove duplicated code but I don't really have a roadmap for it.  I have
recently changed the *Matrix classes to inherit from the respective *NDArray
classes but that was because I had a need for it.

Carnë