Octave - Ngspice interface

From: CdeMills
Subject: Octave - Ngspice interface
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 10:18:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have students developping simulations, and they needed to read into Octave
results produced by Ngspice.

We used the set of file developped by Werner Hoch in 2005. Due to my
students needs, I made two changes:
1) new function do_ngspice, which is a simple wrapper around ngspice call
2) spice_readfile: add the alility to read multiple "plots" present in the
raw file. F.i., performing an AC sweep and requesting a ".OP" (operating
point) computation lead to a file with two "plots"; one for the sweep, one
for the DC components

Should I diffuse an update through ngspice maitainers, or should I create
some package in octave-forge ?

Regards

Pascal