Re: generate_html package : texi2html and generate_html_manual functions

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: generate_html package : texi2html and generate_html_manual functions
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 07:54:21 +0200

Le 29/08/2014 00:45, Carnë Draug a écrit :
On 28 August 2014 22:36, Julien Bect <address@hidden> wrote:
Le 28/08/2014 07:52, Søren Hauberg a écrit :

The 'generate_html_manual' function used to generate a HTML version of the
Octave manual :-) The Octave-Forge web site used to have a version of the
manual which integrated nicely with the rest of the site (unlike the manual
on the octave.org web site). This function generates such a collection of
HTML files.

Hello Søren,

Thank you for your answer. I understand now.

You say "used to" but actually there is still such a manual online on the
Octave Forge web site:

http://octave.sourceforge.net/octave/overview.html

It's not exactly up-to-date however (generated for 3.8.0, or so it seems
since the pages are dated from 2014, January 13).
The Octave functions don't change between patch releases, only on
minor release so I only update this when 3.6, 3.8, etc get released.

There doc fixes in several functions, though :)

(including : waitforbuttonpress.m, sparse.cc, cellfun.cc ...)

Wouldn't it be clearer to let Octave's version number appear on the generated HTML pages ?