Re: New package

From: dkeck
Subject: Re: New package
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 05:56:05 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to know who is responsible for Octave in this field (John W. Eaton
alone?).

gumlym wrote
*
>  can be added. Cant that be done?

In the help file [1] I found its already answered that exceptions such as
'GPL linking exception' or 'Multi-licensing' will not be done to allow
linking to proprietary software (e.g. to CUDA).
But if this strong decision wasn't made who would then be in charge of
ratifying such *exceptions* for the GNU Octave project?

[1]
http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#I_wrote_a_program_that_links_with_Octave_libraries_and_I_don.27t_want_to_release_it_under_the_terms_of_the_GPL._Will_you_change_the_license_of_the_Octave_libraries_for_me.3F