Re: control - isminimumphase()

From: Kozma, Endre
Subject: Re: control - isminimumphase()
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 16:39:08 +0200

On Sat, 2014-07-12 at 09:53 +0200, Lukas Reichlin wrote:
On 11.07.2014, at 23:12, "Kozma, Endre" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the isminimumphase() function tests only the zeros of the specified system whether they all are in the LHP or inside the unit circle. Based on the definition of the minimum-phase system the function should test also the poles. Or is it expected that the specified system is casual and stable?
>
> Theorizer

Hi Endre,

Thanks for your feedback. You are right, according to [1], both the zeros and the poles of a minimum-phase system must be strictly inside the left complex half-plane (continuous-time case) or inside the unit circle (discrete-time case). I pushed the following changesets:

https://bitbucket.org/paramaniac/control/commits/fc22508400fbbe3f0513288a7bb5fb2429af9ab4
https://bitbucket.org/paramaniac/control/commits/2c580104f15f191d52b0165832e1e3c63dcc5c9b

Best regards,
Lukas