Re: colororder

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: colororder
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 12:46:07 -0700 (PDT)

Rik-4 wrote
> All,
>
> Another vote question, how slavishly do we want to follow Matlab's color
> scheme?  It appears that the colororder property is slightly different
> from
> Octave.  You can see this by comparing the blue for demo ('area', 1).
> Matlab's blue is 143/255 while Octave's is 255/255.  I think Octave and
> Matlab used to be in sync and then when they moved to Handle Graphics 2
> they changed the colors and their order.

You mean, with r2014b (now in prerelease), or some earlier change? I
wouldn't call the former "slightly different". Not quite every Matlab user I
know is happy with that somewhat sudden change.....
Could it be made a user preference for Octave?

Plus, how slavishly do we want to follow TMW in turning graphics handles
into objects? (also in r2014b)

Philip