Re: Plot Comparisons

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Plot Comparisons
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:23:02 -0700

Andreas,

Nice work.  I see there are a lot of gnuplot differences.  It might be nice
to fix those, but someone would have to take an interest.  Octave is moving
towards OpenGL for all plotting so I prefer not to spend my time working on
bug fixes for that toolkit.

We use rand() to generate random data for some of the plots.  It might be
nice if we fixed the random seed at the start of the run so that all of the
platforms would display the same data.  I think you could use rand ('seed',
1) to do this.  This will invoke the ancient, deprecated random seed
generators, but there is an initialization mismatch with the more modern
generators reported here (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?42557).

Cheers,
Rik