Re: revive compare_plot_demos

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: revive compare_plot_demos
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 20:09:05 +0200

Am 21.06.2014 11:36, schrieb Andreas Weber:
> ... I would like to revive http://octave.sourceforge.net/compare_plots/

I uploaded the comparison from a current default build with ftlk,
gnuplot and ML to http://tech-chat.de/compare_plot_demos/

The diary of each run can be found here:
www.tech-chat.de/compare_plot_demos/fltk/diary.log
www.tech-chat.de/compare_plot_demos/gnuplot/diary.log
www.tech-chat.de/compare_plot_demos/matlab/diary.log

I want to summarize some problems I've encountered:

* Insert "close all" before each plot to avoid triggering bug
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?42612 for fltk and gnuplot

* Need to temporarly patch sombrero to be able to run it in ML because
default arguments:
-function [x, y, z] = sombrero (n = 41)
+function [x, y, z] = sombrero (n)
+  if (nargin == 0)
+    n = 41;
+  endif

* matlab/diary.log: ERROR in axis_03: Error using axis (line 176)
Unknown command option ticx

  -> 'nolabel','ticx','ticy' seems to be octave only additions

* matlab/diary.log: ERROR in axis_04: Error using plot
Error in color/linetype argument
  ->  adding legend keys with ";key;" is an octave only addition?

* axis_09,10,11,12 No, 'xaxislocation' 'zero', 'yaxislocation' in ML
(http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?40588). Should be removed from demos or
blacklist axis_09 and other demos in dump.m script

* matlab/diary.log: ERROR in datetick_02: Error using
  datetick>parseinputs (line 355) The axis must be 'x','y', or 'z'.

  Because datetick (2, 'keepticks'); is not valid in ML.
  I think this should be "datetick ('x', 'keepticks');"

* matlab/diary.log: ERROR in legend_01: Error using handle.handle/set
Invalid or deleted object.

 This is our demo block:
  clf;
  plot (rand (2));
  title ('legend called with cellstr and string inputs for labels');
  h = legend ({'foo'}, 'bar');
  legend location northeastoutside
  set (h, 'fontsize', 20);

 -> I think we should change "legend location northeastoutside" to "set
(h, 'location', 'northeastoutside');"

* matlab/diary.log: ERROR in legend_03: Error using plot
  Error in color/linetype argument

  x = 0:1;
  plot (x,x,';I am Blue;', x,2*x, x,3*x,';I am Red;');

  -> guess adding legend keys with ";key;" is a octave addition and not
supported in ML?

* matlab/diary.log: ERROR in legend_08: Error using handle.handle/set
  same as legend_01

Other ML error which I hadn't time to check yet:

ERROR in errorbar_03: Error using errorbar (line 48)
Incorrect number of inputs for property-value pairs.

ERROR in errorbar_04: Error using lower
Cell elements must be character arrays.

ERROR in errorbar_05: Error using errorbar (line 49)
Too many input arguments.

ERROR in ezplot3_02: Undefined function or variable "T".

ERROR in loglogerr_01: Undefined function 'loglogerr' for input
arguments of type 'double'.

ERROR in mesh_03: Error using hg.figure/get
The name '__graphics_toolkit__' is not an accessible property for an
instance of class 'figure'.

ERROR in patch_10: Error using patch
Not enough input arguments.

ERROR in plot_08: Error using plot
Data may not have more than 2 dimensions

ERROR in plot3_01: Error using plot3
Error in color/linetype argument

ERROR in plot3_02: Error using plot3
String argument is an unknown option.

ERROR in polar_03: Error using hg.axes/set
The name 'rtick' is not an accessible property for an instance of class
'axes'.
->rtick, ttick are octave additions for polar plots
Printing "polar_04_1.png" ... done
ERROR in polar_05: Error using hg.axes/set
The name 'rtick' is not an accessible property for an instance of class
'axes'.
->rtick, ttick are octave additions for polar plots

ERROR in rose_01: Index exceeds matrix dimensions.

ERROR in scatter3_03: Error using scatter3 (line 80)
C must be a single color, a vector the same length as X, or an M-by-3
matrix.

ERROR in semilogxerr_01: Undefined function 'semilogxerr' for input
arguments of type 'double'.

ERROR in semilogyerr_01: Undefined function 'semilogyerr' for input
arguments of type 'double'.

ERROR in stemleaf_01: Undefined function 'stemleaf' for input arguments
of type 'double'.

ERROR in stemleaf_02: Undefined function 'stemleaf' for input arguments
of type 'double'.

ERROR in stemleaf_03: Undefined function 'stemleaf' for input arguments
of type 'double'.

ERROR in stemleaf_04: Undefined function 'stemleaf' for input arguments
of type 'double'.

ERROR in tetramesh_01: Undefined function 'delaunay3' for input
arguments of type 'double'.

ERROR in tetramesh_02: Undefined function 'delaunay3' for input
arguments of type 'double'.

ERROR in copyobj_01: Error using errorbar (line 48)
Error in color/linetype argument.

ERROR in copyobj_02: Error using copyobj
Not enough input arguments.

ERROR in printd_01: Undefined function 'printd' for input arguments of
type 'char'.

ERROR in subplot_03: Error using axis (line 176)
Unknown command option nolabel

ERROR in subplot_04: Error using axis (line 176)
Unknown command option labely
exit