Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows

From: John Donoghue
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 06:38:02 -0400

On 06/09/2014 11:47 PM, address@hidden wrote:
essage: 6
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 19:39:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: ijourneaux<address@hidden>
To:address@hidden

Philip Nienhuis wrote
>I usually put the .tar.gz into
><mxe-octave>
>/pkg by hand. If mxe starts downloading you know you've entered the wrong
>checksum and you can interrupt mxe.
>
>You'd currently have to edit the checksum + version in src/octave.mk
>(until jwe updates mxe).
>If you edit src/stable-octave.mk instead you also have to remove the
>various associated patch files - those do not apply cleanly to 3.8.2-rc1.
>(once again: in Mingw do "openssl sha1 octave-
><version>
>.tar.gz" to get the checksum)
That seemed to work Philip. I was able to compile up Octave 3.8.2

On another note, 3.8.2 doesn't address the two bugs I am butting up against.
Under Windows

1. Segfault after test imread; exit(0);
2. writing to .jpg with imwrite doesn't produce the correct output.

Take Care

For mxe, I recently added a --disable-stable option to configure which will allow it to compile octave.mk instead of stable-octave.mk, and updated octave.mk for 4.8.2-rc1.

For trying to compile octave under mxe-octave, you can also create a patch octave-xxxxx.patch or octave-stable-xxxxx.patch and put it in the source directory and it will be auto applied when building and save having to untar/patch/tar/fixchecksum each time.

Its been a while since I have compiled a native mingw build, but last time I tried it was still sllloooowwwww.