Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows

From: ijourneaux
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 09:13:21 -0700 (PDT)

Daniel Sebald wrote
> My suspicion is that destructor is using "rep" pointer that isn't
> initialized properly or whose memory has already been deleted.  I think
> John would have the most educated guess on this one.  But try tracking
> down exactly what command it is that is causing the segfault.  Copy the
> imread() test code into a separate script file and then use the debugger
> to step through that code and into the imread() command.

Dan just to clarify, the steps required to reproduce the seg fault

test imread but itself doesn't cause the fault. The fault only shows up when
you go to exit Octave. The only way to reliably see the error is to run
octave in a dos window or in the debugger.

I will follow up with more info on the questions you asked shortly.
Ian