Re: Introduction and SoCiS

From: c.
Subject: Re: Introduction and SoCiS
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 09:57:18 +0200

On 6 May 2014, at 09:55, Jacopo Corno <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I read that Octave will participate to SoCiS 2014 and I would be really
> interested in giving my contribution.
>
> I will start by introducing myself: I got a Master degree in Mathematical
> Engineering at Politecnico di Milano and I am currently enrolled as a PhD
> student at TU-Darmstadt.
> In the last couple of years my main interest has been Isogeometric
> Analysis and I developed my applications (and still do!) with Octave. I
> worked, in particular, with the NURBS toolbox and GeoPDEs package (I had
> the possibility to collaborate with Carlo de Falco.
> I also have some experience with C++ coding since I worked for some months
> on a C++ library analogous to GeoPDEs.
>
> I think that participating to SoCiS would be a great possibility of
> improving my programming skills and of getting involved with Octave
> community, so I would love to be able to join the project this summer.
>
> I read the project list on the wiki page and I would be interested in
> taking care of the ODE solvers in Octave core. I think it would be of
> interest for a wide variety of users and, more personally, I could find it
> useful for my PhD.
>
> Thank you.
> best regards,
> Jacopo Corno
>
> PS: I apologize for the mail that I just sent. It was clearly an error.

Jacopo,

As I wrote to other candidates, we like to see some patch submeitted by
candidates to help us evaluate their skills.

It seems that one outstanding issue with Roberto's overhaul of odepkg
was that some tests that where present in the previous version were removed.

Could you work on fixing this issue and send a patch for evaluation?

c.