RE: "Official" binary release for Windows - gnuplot issues

From: John D
Subject: RE: "Official" binary release for Windows - gnuplot issues
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 12:01:00 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 7:34 PM
To: 'John W. Eaton'; John D
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: RE: "Official" binary release for Windows

--- On Thu, 2014/3/20, John D wrote:
> [...]

I saw octave 'bin' directory and could not find libgd-x.dll (x indicates
version number).
I feel that gnuplot on mxe build is broken and should be corrected.
Otherwise it is better to use gnuplot for windows provided by gnuplot
official site.

Regards

Tatsuro

----

After playing around with gnuplot on and off over the last couple of weeks,
I believe I have it working now in Windows.

The issue ended up being that some of the required files for saving as
postscript were not being installed.

The attached patch appears to work for me - I am doing a complete rebuild
just to verify I don’t have anything left over from other attempts, and will
push the changeset to mxe-octave later today.