Re: Feedback about a patch.

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Feedback about a patch.
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 19:14:08 -0400

On Mar 16, 2014, at 5:19 PM, Eduardo <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello, anyone familiarized with the process of generating  and submitting a
> patch could please give me some feedback about this one I submitted some days
> ago? It would be so helpful for me to know if I have followed correctly the
> guidelines, coding style, etc. I want to submit another patch but I don't
> know if I did well the first time.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Link: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?41839
>
> Eduardo (edu159)

I took a quick look and noted a couple of problems.

(1) The ChangeLog shouldn't include your user-name/email (i.e. do not add
"user: Eduardo Ramos (edu159) <address@hidden>").  This is already present in
the mercurial header information.
(2) Comments should begin with hash-hash-space (i.e. "## ").  A few of yours
only have one hash, and some of these don't have the space.

These are minor points and can easily be fixed using an editor when the
operation of the patch is verified and then pushed.  I notice you've included
several tests.  That will make verifying everything works as expected
straightforward.

Ben