Re: Google Summer of code mentor

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Google Summer of code mentor
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 10:43:45 -0400

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 9:18 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,
I'm thinking to apply to GSoC this year and I'm interested in working to make the graphical tuning of closed loop system controllers, I was wondering what would my previous knowledge have to be, or how much experience do you think this would require.

I am studying electrical engineering and I am currently taking the 3rd course in control systems (one semester about continuous systems, another about discrete systems, and now I'm making a project applying what we learned before), I know object oriented programming's paradigm but I am not a professional coder in C++ I get you are using Qt for the graphical interface and I think I could learn to use it. Are there any special requirements you might think of?

I found out the feature of graphical tuning was missing because I was trying to stop using Matlab, and I am very used to their rltool GUI, so I really want to have this tool in Octave.

Also, how are root locus plots made right now? and what is the scope of the idea? how far the implementation would go beyond locating poles in the plot and editing the compensator, are different system topologies going to be implemented (as in matlab) or just the default closed loop system?

Thanks,
Santiago León O.

_____________________________________
Sent from http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com

Great to hear from you. It's always good to have new contributors.

Please read carefully this section:
<http://wiki.octave.org/GSoC_Project_Ideas#Steps_Toward_a_Successful_Application>
to find out what is expected from GSoC applicants.

Have you compiled Octave on your computer?
What OS are you using?
Doug Stewart
--
DASCertificate for 206392