Re: [FORGE odepkg] Update, deprecation and FORTRAN warnings

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: [FORGE odepkg] Update, deprecation and FORTRAN warnings
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 00:32:20 +0100

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 10:33 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 15:18:23 -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
>> On 03/02/2014 03:01 PM, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
>>
>> >However I am getting several warnings on the FORTRAN code of this
>> >kind:
>> >
>> >daskr/ddaskr.f:1954.20:
>> >
>> >      *   RWORK(LRX),JROOT,IRT,RWORK(LROUND),INFO(3),
>> >                     1
>> >Warning: Rank mismatch in argument 'jroot' at (1) (rank-1 and scalar)
>>
>> That happens because JROOT is declared as a scalar argument but used
>> as an array.  You can fix it by adding a dimension statement like
>>
>>       DIMENSION JROOT(*)
>>
>> along with the other declarations for the subroutine parameters.  In
>> the copy of ddaskr that I looked at, there were some declarations like
>> this for JROOT, but it was missing in at least one subroutine.
>
> The attached patch fixes the warnings for me. It's unfortunate that
> these libraries have to be patched at build-time with patch files
> maintained in version control, perhaps we can do this a different way?
> Nevertheless, attached changeset updates the patch files for the cash
> and daskr libraries.
>
> --
> mike

Mike,

I tried to import your patch and I get

28 out of 28 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/cash.diff.rej
patching file src/daskr.diff
Hunk #1 FAILED at 0
1 out of 1 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/daskr.diff.rej
abort: patch failed to apply

I am working with rev 31cb9aacfac5 tip