Re: Deprecate nfields function?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Deprecate nfields function?
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 16:32:41 -0500

On 03/01/2014 03:03 PM, Rik wrote:

There was definitely no criticism on my part.  These things do evolve and
it is hard to pick exactly the correct strategy both for today and for 20
years from today.  Do we want to rename nfields to something else
(numfields, numfld, numflds) or remove it entirely?

If we decide to keep it, I'd say just leave it alone.

But if everyone thinks that nfields is a horrible name, then I prefer numfields. numfld and numflds don't seem any better than nfields to me while numfields is at least similar to numel.