Re: Deprecate nfields function?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Deprecate nfields function?
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 14:02:53 -0500

On 03/01/2014 01:54 PM, Carnë Draug wrote:

After updating all the repositories, it seems only the control package
uses this function, and only to check if a struct is empty, not to
actually get the number of fields.

To avoid confusion, I wouldn't say that it is checking to see whether the struct is empty. I'd say that it is checking to see whether the structure has any fields. Although the fields can be thought of as an additional "dimension" of a structure array, they are not considered when doing operations on dimensions (isempty, reshape, size, etc.).