Re: [FORGE] Fem-fenics installation fails

From: Marco Vassallo
Subject: Re: [FORGE] Fem-fenics installation fails
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 17:13:59 +0000

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 6:03 PM, Marco Vassallo
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>> It seems to work. It installs and all examples run.
>>
> Thanks for testing. Now I should figure out if it is possible to
> use a different code depending on the FeniCS version used.
>
> You are also able to plot everything? Which version of Octave are you using?
> For me, with the octave-gui sometimes crashes.
>

>> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Marco Vassallo
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > (Is there any way in which I can automatize it ? )
>>
>> Can we not just add Dense to the ac_check in the configure ac?
>> something like
>> AC_CHECK_HEADERs([Dense.h dolfin.h],
>>

>> Also I think you shouldn't need to define -DHAVE_DOLFIN_H since this
>> is exactly what AC_CHECK_HEADERS do, isn't it?
>> What you could do is to check compilation by adding
>>

> -DHAVE_DOLFIN_H is used only for the msh pkg, which I will try to fix in the
> next few days.
> We were using HAVE_DOLFIN_H as you suggest, but there was some problem,
> and I and Carne during the OctConf decided to use -DHAVE_DOLFIN_H.
> Please give a look here [1] and tell me if you have any suggestion and if it
> can be
> done in a better way.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Marco
>
> [1] http://gedeone-gsoc.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/update-7.html
>
>> #ifdef HAVE_DOLFIN_H
>> #include <dolfin.h>
>> #endif
>>
>> This will check that dolfin.h is compilable (I guess the API errors
>> will jump up here).

Hi Marco,

Indeed, example 4 sometimes crashes
octave-cli-3.8.0: ../../stable/libinterp/parse-tree/lex.ll:2489: void
octave_base_lexer::handle_number(): Assertion `nread == 1' failed.
panic: Aborted -- stopping myself...
Aborted (core dumped)

The plots work, yes.

I recommend you just support the latest version of fenics.

Ok thanks. I will do a new release of the pkg supporting FEniCS 1.3.0 very soon.

Marco