Re: Octave FAQ update about GPL

From: fgnievinski
Subject: Re: Octave FAQ update about GPL
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 19:26:53 -0800 (PST)

But Mike, how do we solve the following conundrum.  I write m code which
calls a function existing both as part of a proprietary Matlab toolbox and a
GPL'ed Octave Forge package.  When does the copyleft requirement of the
latter enter in effect?  Couldn't the GPL copyleft requirement be rendered
moot by (falsely) claiming the code was only intended to run in the
proprietary environment?  It's a puzzle I was hoping the System Library /
Standard Interface concept would solve...
-F.