Re: Updating our project ideas

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Updating our project ideas
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 06:52:00 -0500

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 4:51 AM, Richard Crozier <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

The Qucs project was a project to link Qucs, a GPL circuit solver with a nice graphical interface, and many advanced features to Octave. Qucs is a circuit simulator, but also has many ideal elements such as differentiators, step functions, interpolation routines etc.

Regarding the interface to Qucs, the m-code link to Qucs works, most Qucs functionality is now in a shared library, and it can be called from m-code quite easily. The only missing piece for Octave is that the interface is based on classdef, and requires you to be able to call parent class function using the @ syntax, which last time I checked had not been implemented.

This was implemented, but was buggy (you couldn't make the call without the parenthesis, even with there was no argument list). I fixed it recently.

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/9ca314e79956

Michael.