Re: very small packages - merge into general/miscelleneous or move into

From: c.
Subject: Re: very small packages - merge into general/miscelleneous or move into core
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 16:28:48 +0100

On 2 Feb 2014, at 16:11, Olaf Till <address@hidden> wrote:

> For reasons of speed, they write and read no header, so they don't
> care for differences in endianness and (potential) differences in
> float format between different machines. Using them to transfer data
> between different machines will not necessarily work. For this, there
> are different functions in "parallel".

OK, so I'll just specify this in the docs before the release.

>> After the merge, I'd like to prepare a release of the package if
>> you're OK with it.
>
> Actually I would prefer to do that myself. There will be more to think
> about for this than merely parcellfun and pararrayfun. I understand
> you want a new release early (though I don't understand what is the
> cause of the urgency, doesn't "general" compile for you currently?).

There's no real hurry, the reason I'd like to do this is that
I teach a course using Octave starting in March and I have to ask
the sysadmin to install al the stuff I need before then.
If parcellfun is moved to 'parallel' I'd rather ask him to install
'parallel' rather than 'general', but if it's not ready for this
edition of the course it's not a big deal.

> Olaf

c.