Re: fltk backend in 3.8.0 on ubunto 13.10

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: fltk backend in 3.8.0 on ubunto 13.10
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 17:21:27 -0600

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 3:23 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I just compiled Octave 3.8.0 on Ubuntu 13.10 and I noticed
some strange behaviour when plotting with the FLTK backend.

When the figure window opens it goes to the forefront an takes the focus;
if I click on a different window, the window decorations move to the
background but the figure remains in the foreground.

The above happens both with octave-cli and octave-gui, but in the latter
case I cannot bring back focus to the command prompt and I see these error
messages:

>> plot (randn (3))
OpenGL Warning: glFlushVertexArrayRangeNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glVertexArrayRangeNV not found in mesa table

Are you running itin some kind of virtual machine by any chance?
Can you run any other GL program? (glxgears, glxinfo)

Dmitri.