Empty classdef files and shift/reduce conflicts in the parser

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Empty classdef files and shift/reduce conflicts in the parser
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 21:57:33 -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to make the parser accept empty classdef body or empty methods/properties/... blocks. I've tried a first approach as in patch classdef-empty-defs, which works fine. But I don't find it very clean. So I tried another approach as in patch try2.patch (just a proof-of-concept). But I then got an increase in shift/reduce conflicts (going from 14 to 23). I'm not really a bison expert, so I'm wondering whether it's possible to avoid those conflicts, or whether the first approach is ok.

Thanks,
Michael.