Re: Mercurial tools

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Mercurial tools
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 00:01:35 -0600

On 01/27/2014 12:54 PM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:
On Sun, 2014-01-26 at 10:34 -0600, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
The merging topic brings to mind TortoiseHG.

I heartily endorse thg to anyone who wants an hg GUI. It's well
maintained, cross-platform, and closely follows main hg development. I
use it infrequently for some things like inspecting the DAG.

It also closely follows the syntax and workflow of Mercurial, not trying to present some other type of scheme to the user. I've discovered a few features of Mercurial by trying various icons on the Tortoise display.

I do want to say one thing, though...

2) Ability to selectively leave code hunks out of changeset.

The record and crecord extensions can also achieve the same effect in
a CLI or curses interface. The record extension is shipped with hg,
but crecord is in an external repo. I use them both frequently for
picking apart commits.

I wasn't aware of crecord:

https://bitbucket.org/edgimar/crecord/wiki/Home

but it's basically the same thing.