Re: Possible bugs to fix before 3.8.1

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Possible bugs to fix before 3.8.1
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 13:01:02 -0500

On 01/23/2014 12:47 PM, Rik wrote:
1/23/14

John,

Here's a brief triage of the bug tracker for items which might be good to
address before the 3.8.1 release.  Most of them are with the build system.

Create executable mkoctfile on all platforms
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?41296
mkoctfile not found on Cygwin platform
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?41249

I'll look for differences in sh/c++ versions of mkoctfile and octave-config today.

Missing Translations
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?40695

OK, I don't know anything about translations, but I suppose they should be updated before the release.

Building with Qt frameworks on Mac

I don't know the right/best solution for this problem and can't test it as I don't have an OS X system or access to one. The submitted patch looks OK to me though, so I'd say apply it and get OS X users to test.

gsed not part of Mac installer

Maybe I'm missing something, but that looks like a packaging issue, not something we can solve in an Octave source release.