Re: Removing packages from Octave Forge

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Removing packages from Octave Forge
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 18:00:26 +0000

On 10 January 2014 21:02, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 10 Jan 2014, at 18:59, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I have created a new section for unmaintained packages. They are
>> listed at the bottom of the packages list, explaining they may still
>> be working and with changes on the repositories. There are links for
>> the repositories and the released files, I encourage to still fill bug
>> reports, and suggest to join as a maintainer if they care about one.
>>
>> While "maintained by the Octave community" is usually a nice way to
>> say "unmaintained", that's not always the case. Some are actually
>> being maintained such as signal or optim. They appear on the top list
>> of packages.
>>
>> I know that release date is not a perfect indication of brokeness but
>> in the absence of tests and user reports, it's what we have. I'm sure
>> there's more recently released packages that are broken. If you know
>> of any, let me know and I'll change its status.
>>
>> Everything is still accessible and can be downloaded easily.
>>
>> I have also added a new section for packages that no longer exist
>> (merged together or renamed).
>>
>> I had to mess with the php that deals with those pages, so if you find
>> any issues, let me know.
>>
>> Carnë
>
> Carnë,
>
> Could you please also move back the "integration" package?
> I have packages that depend on it and are being actively used and developed.
> If you need a maintainer to do so you can list me as the new maintainer.

There's a licensing issue with that package. We are releasing it under
GPLv2+ but no file has the license specified. There's a file on the
docs folder with an email from the authors saying that we can
distribute it with Octave, but in no place do they mention a license.
Could you please confirm this?

I have just created a mercurial repository for the integration package.

Carnë