Re: Fwd: [swig:bugs] #1353 Octave 3.8.0 support

From: William S Fulton
Subject: Re: Fwd: [swig:bugs] #1353 Octave 3.8.0 support
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 10:49:56 -0800 (PST)

On 09/01/14 21:00, Orion Poplawski [via Octave] wrote:

> I would consider dropping support for octave 3.2.

I think it is impractical to drop support for 3.2 just yet. All of our
testing infrastructure runs on Travis which has Octave 3.2 available and
that isn't easily changed. The current long term release of Ubuntu is
using Octave 3.2 and it is only 20 months old. Dropping support for 3.8
is certainly easier at this point but I'm sure there'll be some way to
distinguish 3.8.0 from other versions. I just don't have the familiarity
with Octave to poke about very quickly.

William