Re: mxe-octave stable-octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: mxe-octave stable-octave
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 23:03:41 -0500

On 01/02/2014 10:51 PM, fgnievinski wrote:
Thorsten Liebig wrote
Thanks for the update, I have build the stable version without any
problems.
But I have not had the time to test it on some windows machine.
If anybody is interested, you can download it here:
http://www.openems.de/download/octave/octave-3.8.0.exe

It seems that \share\octave\3.8.0-rc2\ doesn't need to be shipped as there's
already \share\octave\3.8.0\ ?

This happens because of the way that the distribution is generated. The only way to make one that doesn't possibly contain cruft left over from earlier builds with older versions of packages (not just Octave, but any dependency) is to use "make clean" and build from scratch.

I think we can do better than this, but it wasn't high on my list of priorities.