[3.8 GUI] hangs over remote session

From: CdeMills
Subject: [3.8 GUI] hangs over remote session
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 08:27:50 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Context: 3.8 with GUI activated, run over a ssh connexion over two X86_64
Fedora-20 machines. Launched from a first machine as

ssh -Y -C -F ~/.ssh/config-internal -f address@hidden ~/usr/bin/octave
--force-gui

got the usual GUI on local screen. Then doing something as simple as
plot (1:10)

results in some error message being displayed, and the window being closed
(before I can read it) with an error 11? How can I catch the error message ?

Regards

Pascal