Re: does Octave use LaTex at runtime?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: does Octave use LaTex at runtime?
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 09:04:53 -0500

On Wed, 2013-12-18 at 14:51 +0100, c. wrote:
> Is a LaTeX distribution really needed by Octave except for building
> the docs?

Octave needs texinfo at runtime in order to read the help, but it
shouldn't need a full LaTeX distribution.

It doesn't even need it at build time if building from a tarball.
Tarballs have the docs pre-built. I had forgotten this too, since it's
been so long since I last built from a tarball instead of from hg. :-)

- Jordi G. H.