topic proposal for the Wiki: Octave dependencies and safety

From: CdeMills
Subject: topic proposal for the Wiki: Octave dependencies and safety
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 03:06:18 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

As I recently compiled Octave on cygwin, I suggest to add some topic on the
Wiki: a list of all Octave dependencies, and try to determine if some of
them has been recently detected as vulnerable using the CVE database
repository. The purpose would be to demonstrate that the use of Octave will
not (hopefully) pose a security risk.

1) do other maintainers feel it is a good idea ?
2) The wiki seems down. Any ongoing problem ?

Regards

Pascal