Re: alternatives for funding (was: I want to give you money but it can't

From: Felipe G. Nievinski
Subject: Re: alternatives for funding (was: I want to give you money but it can't be called a donation)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 18:11:01 -0200

I think market research is a pre-requisite for everything else.
How about if we conduct an online survey to understand better potential customers?

Here's a TO-DO list:

- study the methodology
- find guidelines for online surveys

- prepare questions
- initial draft
- RFC among octave developers
- prepare online form
- surveymonkey.com?
- beta-test it
- offer prize raffle?

- get responses
- publicize online
- ask developers to follow-up one-on-one with key potential respondants within their reach about the importance of their input
- monitor and act to guarantee large enough sample

- analyze responses
- extract statistics
- summarize findings