Couple of questions to help Octave for Android

From: Corbin Champion
Subject: Couple of questions to help Octave for Android
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 13:49:35 -0800

New release is coming soon.  Down to a very small number of issues.

1) How does octave pick up that a new package is present after someone installs a octave-forge package via apt-get?  I looked at the .deb file for octave-mapping as a simple example and didn't see a postinst script.  But if I just simply put all the files in the normal locations, they don't get auto read into the path and the octave_packages file is not updated on the next launch.  So, how does octave recognize that someone has installed the octave-mapping .deb file?

2) What is the lowest level function that gets called whenever any form of a plot is generated with gnuplot?  Looking to do something after drawing is finished for any figure.  Also, is there a way to have no plot displayed to the screen?

Thanks,
Corbin