Re: Editor in GUI

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Editor in GUI
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 14:30:22 -0500

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Torsten <address@hidden> wrote:
On 14.11.2013 10:53, Doug Stewart wrote:
>     How do you try to open the existing file before the crash, with the
>     menus of the GUI or with edit.m?
>

> I use the mouse and click on the button, in the menu bar, that is
> supposed to open an existing file.
> I then navigate to a .m file a click on it. Octave then shuts down.

I am not able to reproduce the crash.

Just to get the facts right:
When you try to open the file:
- you have "gedit" configured as custom editor
- you click on the open icon in the toolbar
- in the dialog box you navigate to the desired file and select it
- octave crashes

A few more questions:
- is gedit already open (you have selected "restore last session"

This is not gedit related  -- I had exactly the same symptoms before I tried gedit.

  in the settings)?
- in which state is the internal editor (shown, hidden, ...)?
- does octave crash when you use "edit file_name" instead?

Wow this is interesting
 I did edit d.m
and it did not crash.
and now I can use the gui mouse buttons and I can open and close d.m with no crashes.
I then tried to open an old file with the mouse and got a crash
I then did edit d1.m and it works fine with this d1.m file but still not with any old files.
I can access all my old file with the edit command and then they work ok with the mouse clicks!!!!

Torsten

--
DASCertificate for 206392