Re: 3.8 Bug Fix update

From: Thorsten Liebig
Subject: Re: 3.8 Bug Fix update
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 09:27:46 +0100

Am 06.11.2013 22:10, schrieb John W. Eaton:
> On 11/06/2013 04:06 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
>
>> Am I missing something or isn't the issue there that Ctrl-C does work in
>> most cases, but doesn't work when Octave is inside a call to the sleep
>> function? And that is only happening on Windows, correct?
Actually it always happened on Linux and at some time (month ago) I believe it
worked fine on Windows...

It is of course not only about sleeping, I run numeric simulations using Octave
as an interface to an external software (http://openEMS.de).
But if the simulation is running, I cannot abort it using CTRL+C if I need to.
Thus the GUI is currently unusable for me and the users of this
numeric tool.

> OK, I see that this is not just a Windows problem.  It's a Qt problem,
> because when Octave is sleeping the terminal is not getting any input, so it
> doesn't respond to Ctrl-C.  I guess the fix for this is maybe something like
> what is outlined here,
>
>   http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/unix-signals.html
>
> but I don't know for sure, I haven't tried it.
>
> jwe

I had a look at the Qt doc, but I fear that this is currently above my level of
experience (especially on the Octave side of things).

Thorsten