Re: "Pencils Down" for 3.8 bug fixes is Thursday, 10/24

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: "Pencils Down" for 3.8 bug fixes is Thursday, 10/24
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 14:11:11 -0700 (PDT)

Rik-4 wrote
> All,
>
> The bug fix period will end on Thursday, 10/24.  Things are looking quite
> good.
>
> The remaining issues are:
>
> Bugs with severity >= 4
>
>     Owner:??? #40246 OpenGL should test data and abort plot if range >
> float range [If fixed, probably kill #39925 below as well]
>     Owner:??? #40312 GUI asks to reload a saved file [In progress, but
> problem is on Mac OS X for which there are few testers]
>
> Bugs marked as regressions
>
>     Owner:??? #40347 figure () fails when called from script file
>     Owner:??? #40333 print with legend modifies axis position [Unlikely to
> fix.  There is a deep problem with returning axes to the same size after
> legend which can't be resolved in just a few days]
>     Owner:jwe #40342 help "FolderName" to print Contents.m files does not
> work properly. [Only needs testing]
>     Owner:??? #39925 imagesc crash Plotting with OpenGL [probably fixed if
> #40246 is fixed]
>     Owner:??? #38236 invoking script in demo block to define variables
> causes errors
>     Owner:??? #37672 GUI doesn't react to CTRL+C [Probably won't fix.
> Inspected and It looks like too much of an overhaul just now.]
>     Owner:??? #40256 gnuplot - datetick doesn't remove previous X-grid,
> -ticks & labels

In the last week I filed some bug reports about MXE builds for Windows.
They're not (yet) confirmed by others (= who build for Windows using MXE) so
I can vouch only for my own box.
As far as I could I've investigated them, w/o much luck. In addition I'm
away for over a week w/o much time for Octave & only patchy web access.

#40321 - (mkocktfile doesn't work) is a showstopper for installing binary OF
packages on Windows.

#40284, while merely cosmetic, would be an easy target for cheap criticism
on Octave.

Philip